Re: Making powerd=YES default

On 01.08.2011 18:57, Alan Barrett wrote:
> On Mon, 01 Aug 2011, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
>> Quite frankly, I am more and more convinced that an additional
>> /etc/defaults/rc.md.conf is the right fix then. This one could be
>> included from /etc/defaults/rc.conf, apply some MD-specific changes,
>> and still let the user override the value in /etc/rc.conf if he wants to.
>
> I suggest making the contents of /etc/defaults/rc.conf be
> machine-dependent.  A script run at build time could create it from MI
> and MD fragments.  Put powerd=NO in some of the fragments, and
> powerd=YES in other fragments.

I am leaning towards this, although I am still unsure which one would be
best, between MI + MD => generate defaults/rc.conf, or have a MI
defaults/rc.conf which calls MD hooks if they are present.

There's no "one and only one" solution, let's see which one is less
invasive.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost