Re: Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (FHS) and NetBSD

On 05/10/2011 12:31 AM, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
Given that it describes a particular file hierarchy conventionally
used only by Linux systems from major Linux distributors, how would
you expect that to be the case?

From the opening paragraph of the standard:

"This standard consists of a set of requirements and guidelines for file and directory placement under UNIX-like operating systems. The guidelines are intended to support interoperability of applications, system administration tools, development tools, and scripts as well as greater uniformity of documentation for these systems."

My goal is to determine if this is actually true, or if it is only relevant to Linux, as you suggest. I don't want to exclude you (and the other BSD systems, and the other UNIXes) without making sure.