Re: Autoconfiguring root device and fstab(5) (wedges?)

On Mon, 28 Mar 2011, Christos Zoulas wrote:
We can't move the logic from mount(8) to anywhere because fsck(8) needs to work when a filesystem is not mounted, and mount(8) uses getmntinfo(3) to determine the "from_mount" values.

The only time people are likely to expect "from_mount" to work with fsck(8) is when the root file system is mounted read-only, and you want to fsck it before re-mounting it as read-write. Does getmntinfo(3) work in this case? (I assumed it would, but haven't tested.)

--apb (Alan Barrett)