Re: Fwd: GSoC Project: Replacement for Apropos

On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:33:46PM +0530, Abhinav Upadhyay wrote:
> 1. Is the idea to introduce a new command line utility which means
> apropos(1) remains there, or to change the implementation of apropos
> so that the new apropos provides all the goodness of full text search
> ?

I don't think retrofitting this into the existing apropos (well, man -k)
is very helpful. But keep in mind that it has to be integrated into
man(1) at some point, so keep it modular.

> 2. The student application period starts from today (28th March). I am
> not familiar with this process. Where do I need to write the proposal,
> on GSoC website or NetBSD provides its own application format ?

I suspect somewhere around here
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/org/google/gsoc2011/netbsd

You should find a sign up button at the bottom.

Joerg