Re: Adding -l option to cp

On Sat, 22 Jan 2011, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:

> I copied some of the code from FreeBSD and that comment was there.
> I'll remove it before committing.  How about the actual feature?

I'm not sure, reading the manpage line exactly what the feature is?

> +.It Fl l
> +Create hard links to regular files in a hierarchy instead of copying.
> +.It Fl n

(what is -n ?)

does it mean that "cp -l" is like using ln(1) ? why "a heirarchy", is it
only valid for "cp -Rl" ?

it might be more useful to add "ln -R" to recursively make a link tree,
though that would also need to create directories..

iain