Re: chown in /sbin

On Wed, 12 Jan 2011, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> So how I should do this move first I think it's a correct way
> (but we lose cvs history)
>
> copy usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp] to sbin/
> fix makefiles [add them in sbin/Makefile remove them in usr.sbin/Makefile]
> cvs add them
> cvs commit files
> change lists mark usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp] as obsolete add sbin/[chown|chgrp]
> cvs commit lists
> cvs remove usr.sbin/[chown|chgrp]
> fix mtree entries to make a link from
>       /sbin/[chown|chgrp] to /usr/sbin/[chown|chgrp]
> cvs commit mtree

That looks mostly right, but I am not sure what you mean by "fix mtree
entries to make a link"; the way to make a symlink is uing the SYMLINKS
variable and bsd.links.mk (see src/usr.sbin/mailwrapper/Makefile for an
example).

I might do a single cvs commit for everything at once.

I would certainly not do a repository move or repository copy; those are
OK for fixing mistakes very soon after the mistakes are made, but should
otherwise be avoided.

Don't forget a full "build.sh release", and a test install
(e.g. using anita) before commit.

--apb (Alan Barrett)