Re: mksh import

,--- You/Thor (Thu, 30 Dec 2010 08:43:16 -0500) ----*
| Another question is performance.  Some shells are much much faster than
| others for tasks like system builds.  For example, zsh can actually
| speed up the build considerably if used to replace our /bin/sh,

Is there more information on this -- even at the perception-like
level?  It sounds surprising that spawning mostly (?)  compilation
processes is comparable, in execution time, to completing the
nontrivial work of those spawned processes.

Where does bash fall in terms of performance?

(My questions are driven by pure curiosity, not the desire to dispute.)

If you have a moment to answer...

Thanks,

-- Alex -- alex-goncharov%comcast.net@localhost --