Re: [HEADS-UP] growfs port for ffs2 and ffs1

On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 12:54:50PM +0300, Antti Kantee wrote:

> Has anyone used the shriking feature of resize_ffs?  Does that work?
> I'd imagine shrinking to be an important feature for non-enterprise
> lvm users.

We have actually used it several times on TNF's own servers.  The last
time was a few years ago, mostly because now we tend to buy new systems
rather than rearranging our storage allocations.

But it's a great tool when you discover you've made a mistake and you
*don't* have another array that large handy to hold all the rest of the
data...

--
Thor Lancelot Simon
tls%rek.tjls.com@localhost