Re: floating point test suite ?

2010/10/9 Manuel Bouyer <bouyer%antioche.eu.org@localhost>:
> Hello,
Hi Manuel

> I strongly suspect that the MIPS floating point emulation has some
> issues (the numbers printed by top makes no sense, and sometimes
> it hangs because the computed time to sleep makes no sense either).
>
> Do we have some floating point test suite around (or something available
> from pkgsrc) ?
> [...]

There are quite few tests online for floating-point testing, such as
http://www.tybor.com/ or
http://www.math.utah.edu/~beebe/software/ieee/. I bet you can find
many more.

Another idea is to install some CAS from pkgsrc and run its own test
suite, if it has one. E.g., math/maxima.

Last, we have a math test suite for libm. Here you can find
information on how to deploy it:
http://netbsd-soc.sourceforge.net/projects/mathlib/#_how_to_get_you_started

You could give it a shot and compare your results with those for other
architectures:
http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/~beket/logs/NetBSD/

If there are many more failures in MIPS than in other archs, that
could be indicative of a problem in MIPS.

Best regards,
Stathis