Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals: Round 2

On Wed, 8 Sep 2010 11:52:51 -0400 Thor Lancelot Simon <tls%panix.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 08, 2010 at 10:49:56AM +0300, markucz%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> >
> > I was under the impression that Lite2 was the last BSD release by
> > the CSRG before it was disbanded.

Not quite. The final SCCS tree, which had commits that were not
reflected in the Lite2 release, was released and is available.
Nominally, most people buy it from Kirk, but it is freely
distributable at this point.

> Right, you're missing the groff cleanup to "the missing pieces"
> which weren't shipped with Lite2.

Yes.

> I believe we can distribute the final form of these from the CSRG
> repository under the Ancient Unix license.  Perry, do you know?

That is correct, though much of it is just the Berkeley license.

Perry
--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost