Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

On Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:29:11 +0300 Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>
wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 11:38:26PM +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
> > [..]
> >
> > results, but there's no need to attempt to leave the troff
> > formatting noise unaltered - anything that's needed to be done to
> > make the docs format correctly with groff can be done to them
> > once (or perhaps, once more)
> >
> > [...]
>
> We have also 'mdocml' in the base system, and I think it is
> important to note that these legacy documents are among the few
> reasons why groff is needed at all.

Many of us still use troff for our work. I think it is unreasonable
to expect that just because you don't use it means others don't use
it...

--
Perry E. Metzger                perry%piermont.com@localhost