Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 05:21:48PM +0300, markucz%gmail.com@localhost wrote:
> Yeah, I guess NetBSD is stuck with groff, or so it seems.

That is, if we want a full-blown -- arguably aged and not widely used --
typesetting system in the base of NetBSD. (Not to mention C++ and GPLv3.)
OpenBSD has already switched to mdocml and I believe DragonFly BSD is
about to.

This is not to say that *roff would be somehow bad or completely unused.
I just voice my opinion as someone who has actually worked with NetBSD
documentation and manual pages; mdocml is fully sufficient for our needs in
the base system. Other documentation is in XML/HTML.

- Jukka.