Re: fix? for old pd-ksh file completion bug

At Fri, 4 Jun 2010 00:40:12 -0700, "Simon J. Gerraty"
<sjg%juniper.net@localhost> wrote:
Subject: Re: fix? for old pd-ksh file completion bug

> >I replaced the '$' with a '[' at some point a long time ago for some
> >reason I can no longer remember (probably based on fixes I saw in either
>
> Thanks for the input.

I've now "tested" the change in mksh as well and it seems to do the
trick there without breaking anything obvious.  The code

It's too bad the tests framework in the pd-ksh release doesn't currently
allow for testing the command-line editing features.  :-)

(too bad too that the test driver is written in Perl)

> I can't speak to that - I sent a copy of my patch to michael (afaik he's
> still the current maintainer) for comment.
>
> I've used pd-ksh happily since about '90, but as a past maintainer I'm
> obviously biased.

I haven't seen anything at all from Michael since '99 when 5.2.14 was
released.

mksh is being quite actively maintained, though I don't really like the
fact that Glaser has slapped his own copyright on previously PD code.
(and he seems to have tossed out the test suite too, though so did
NetBSD :-))

--
                                                Greg A. Woods
                                                Planix, Inc.