Re: proposal: inetd improvements.

>>> I would leave the feature in but strongly discouage its use.
>> I'm not sure why you want to "strongly discouage" it.
> I would strongly discourage its use because it is actually not a very
> good way of curtailing load.

Then discourage its use as a way of curtailing load.

But I think a blanket "strongly discourage" is way too strong, as it
discourages its use for other purposes, purposes for which it actually
is reasonably well suited.  If I were a novice sysadmin delaing with
such a situation looking at the documentation you propose, I'd be
confused, a la "hmm, this looks like exactly what I want but they say
it's strongly discouraged; what am I missing?".

\ / Ribbon Campaign