Re: proposal: inetd improvements.

> I can't help but think that this talkd fat finger example is quite an
> edge case but the ``solution'' is quite a problem.  If you exceed the
> connexions per minute, inetd will _stop_ the service for ten minutes.
> It's just not reasonable to stop a service for ten minutes because a
> certain threshold has been exceeded.

It certainly is.  Maybe not in your environment, but definitely in
others.  Indeed, for some, such as my own, the idea is good but ten
minutes isn't long enough.

> The numbers appear to be straight from the eighties, from a
> University environment.

So there you are: you even found such an environment (one where it's
reasonable) for yourself.

If you're going to complain about others imposing their environments'
appropriate solutions on you, it would behoove you to avoid doing the
same in the other direction.

\ / Ribbon Campaign