Re: RFC: boot images config. file format

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 6:18 AM, Martin Husemann <martin%duskware.de@localhost>
wrote:
> Hi David,
>
> maybe I'm lazy, but a few examples help with such abstract descriptions:
>
> How do you create things like sgimips bootable CDs (a "sgi volume header"
> containing a few special files wraped around an iso9660 image)?

Is it what's written in distrib/sgimips/cdroms/installcd/Makefile?

> Or: how would you specify a CD with a sunlabel (~disklabel) defining
> two partitions, "a" as cd9660 FS, and "e" as a small ffs partition containig
> the
> bootloader and a few config files. The cd9660 size defines the sunlabel a
> partition size, and the e partitions follows directly.

(Just curious; is the small ffs partition mounted somewhere (written
in the /etc/fstab)?)

I think these special files are components of disk images.  Hopefully
these can be written in somewhat data-oriented way ("this disk image
has these special boot blocks") than procedure-oriented ("run these
commands to build the disk image").

Masao