Re: ioctl equivalent to DIOCGSECTORSIZE in FreeBSD?

k.heinz%maerzehn.kh-22.de@localhost (Klaus Heinz) writes:

>Michael van Elst wrote:
>> You will need -current to use a filesystem except maybe for msdosfs.

>I do not understand what you say here. For what do I _need_ -current?
>I surely want to get the sector size on -current but it also has to work
>on NetBSD-4 and -5.

You can get sector size this way on NetBSD-4 too. However, you won't
be able to create or mount a standard filesystem on media with
sector size != 512. Access to the raw device should be fine.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost