Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%britannica.bec.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 09:25:04PM +0900, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
>> In order not to lose functions like $TERMCAP and tn3270,
>> please implement terminfo as an emulation on top of native termcap.
>
> What (fictitious) terminals are we talking about BTW that require the
> use of TERMCAP?

IIRC, when I started using screen(1) in early 90s, you dind't even
have to bother adding screen entry to your termcap database, b/c
screen exports its own description as TERMCAP and programs just pick
it from there.  Our window(1) does the same.

So the common theme for various use cases of TERMCAP is not fictitious
terminals, it's missing (for whatever reason) descriptions.

SY, Uwe
--
uwe%stderr.spb.ru@localhost                       |       Zu Grunde kommen
http://snark.ptc.spbu.ru/~uwe/          |       Ist zu Grunde gehen