Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

On 09/02/2010 15:37, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:
On Tue, Feb 09, 2010 at 01:51:52PM +0000, Roy Marples wrote:

The only thing I'm willing to do at this point is consider making
$TERMINFO be respected as a terminfo description.

$TERMINFO and $TERMCAP don't have the same semantics, IIRC.

It doesn't say so in the ncurses man pages, but from the source it *looks* like $TERMINFO can also be a description as well as a location, just like $TERMCAP. Maybe Thomas E. Dickey can chime in as he subs to this list.

If you need to convert $TERMCAP to $TERMINFO then I suggest using captoinfo from ncurses.

Thanks

Roy