Re: CVS commit: src

On 08/02/2010 22:44, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

On Mon, 8 Feb 2010, Roy Marples wrote:
So far, /rescue only had (crunchgen'd) binaries, why do we start putting
data files in there now?

The cut down terminfo.db needs to be somewhere for /rescue/vi to work.
Where would you suggest? A personal one for root was already shot down.

I don't have a really good place at hand - somewhere on / makes sense
(if at all), but /rescue looks wrong.

Why not discuss such things on our fine tech-* lists?
That's what we have them for! :-)

Discuss!

It should also be noted that /rescue/vi in NetBSD-5 and older will also fail to work without a valid termcap db of some kind.

Thanks

Roy