Re: New callhome(8) page; comments?

On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 9:42 PM, David Holland
<dholland-tech%netbsd.org@localhost> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 24, 2010 at 02:29:19PM +0000, Julio Merino wrote:
>  > I've written a manual page whose purpose is to collect, in a single
>  > place, the full list of system components that perform any network
>  > access.
>
> Network access, or network access to TNF machines? If the former,
> there's ntpd.

Hmm, that's a good point.  I was only considering access to TNF
machines but I guess that, if we go forward with this page, it'd make
sense to document other cases such as ntpdate too.  Actually, the more
I think about it, the more I like adding ntpdate to the doc.

> It might also be desirable to mention binary packages and anoncvs in
> here.

I don't think these fit in the page, as it's the user who explicitly
triggers these actions and explicitly specifies what servers to use
(they are on the same line as connecting to the NetBSD website).  It'd
be different if we set PKG_PATH by default or if sysinst allowed
installing binary packages.

>  > Unimaginatively, I've named the page callhome(8).  Any suggestions for
>  > a better name?
>
> Depends on the answer to the above question :-)

Still, callhome(8) might be appropriate.  We are just calling
different homes ;)  Any suggestions?

--
Julio Merino