Re: FreeBSD i18n fonts for wscons

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 08:35:06AM +0100, Adam Hamsik wrote:
> On Jan,Tuesday 19 2010, at 11:14 PM, Geert Hendrickx wrote:
> > Yes, you're right.  FreeBSD's syscons(4) console driver has the ability
> > to transparantly map codepoints between (compatible) charsets to avoid
> > this problem, so applications don't have to care about it.  This mapping
> > can be loaded via vidcontrol(1) (their equivalent of wsconsctl(1)),
> > together with the font.
> >

> > Is this something we'd want in NetBSD as well?  It could serve as a nice
> > little introduction into the kernel for me. :-)
>
> Please add it to gsoc projects page then ? maybe it will interest some
> student this year.

But can we already import the fonts from FreeBSD?  With that, we can offer
functional support for other languages in wscons(4) without code changes.

The screen map thing (by whomever/whenever it will be implented) is mostly
just cosmetical.

        Geert

--
Geert Hendrickx  -=-  ghen%telenet.be@localhost  -=-  PGP: 0xC4BB9E9F