Re: libevent (1.4.12-stable) -> external/bsd

> > >2. I'm not sure how best to deal with the regression tests - they are
> > >currently in regress/lib/libevent and I've switched them to SUBDIR from
> > >regress/lib/Makefile into external/bsd/libevent/regress and reachover from
> > >there but not sure if thats going to work -- suggestions?
> >
> > Someone should make them atf?
>
> Most likely though I don't know how

Ok, I worked this out and wrote an ATF shell wrapper for the distributed
libevent C test program. Latest diff at

        http://www.netbsd.org/~plunky/libevent-20091030.diff

in summary

        bump libevent to 1.4.12-stable (minor bugfix release)
        move libevent to external/bsd
        include "select" backend
        change regression tests to ATF (all pass on i386)

iain