Re: Lua as a scripting language in NetBSD

Am 18.10.2009 um 18:56 schrieb Bernd Ernesti:

On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 11:39:35AM +0200, Marc Balmer wrote:
I am suggesting to add the language Lua to the NetBSD base system as a
scripting language for general use and as a scripting language to be
embedded in applications in the base system.  Please let me explain
why and what the conseqeunces of such an addition would be.

Please do not add more things which have to be maintained to the base
system.

If people want it they can use it from pkgsrc.

I think I explained why I want it in base, and that I am willing to maintain it.

You stanza "If people want it they can use it from pkgsrc" is wrong. Lua is a language to be embedded. If I want it in my software, it has to be in base.