Re: terminfo implementation

Here's a new snapshot.
http://www.netbsd.org/~roy/terminfo-20090709.tar.bz2

It should now implement all documented ncurses terminfo capabilities.
The tic(1) implementation is a lot faster than before and is 3 times quicker than ncurses tic :) Both tic(1) and infocmp(1) now sport the -x flag to control acceptance of non standard capabilities. If you have tried a previous snapshot, you'll need to rebuild your databases.

In addition to the standard cap_long_name macros to access a cap quickly on cur_term, we have t_cap_long_name macros to access a cap quickly on any TERMINAL struct which would make any merge with our curses library a little less painless.

It also has a termcap compatibility layer and is source and binary compatible with our current libtermcap provided that NO NetBSD extensions have been used. Only ul(1) and curses(3) use this in the tree according to my grep search. Whilst curses(3) does have an excuse to use them (see prior discussions for why) ul(1) does not so I'm pretty sure we can just drop them.

On the whole, most people are generally positive about this.
I've taken on board some comments by Joerg and changed some code accordingly, but more eyes would be better.

Thanks

Roy