Re: terminfo vs termcap

Hi,

Most of the curses functions work on a single screen (terminal) at one time.
The set_term() function changes the current screen and all subsequent calls
operate on the current screen.

>Are you saying that has_colors(3) can handle this in our implementation?
>If so, how?

has_colors() will operate on the current screen.

> It appears that the basic design of curses is not thread safe in regard
> to changing terminals, and we would be foolish to pretend that it is.

Indeed.  The whole design is not thread safe.  In a multi-threaded program,
you can only have a single curses handling thread.

Thanks,

  My other computer also runs NetBSD    /        Sailing at Newbiggin
        http://www.netbsd.org/        /   http://www.newbigginsailingclub.org/