Re: bmake: how about :tr/CHARS/REPL/[1g]

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 09:17:11PM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
 > > (For those following along at home,
 > My poor English doesn't allow me to decode this.

It's an idiom. (Not sure exactly where it comes from; maybe the early
days of TV?) It means "the following is an explanation for any other
people who may be reading this but are not immediately up on all the
details."

 > > I meant to also say that having a tr substitution in make seems
 > > perfectly reasonable.
 > Should I implement it or sending a PR is enough?

If you send a PR with a patch, it's much more likely to get merged
than if you send a PR without a patch. :-)

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost