Re: netbsd-5: another problem, news/leafnode + ioctl(SIOCGIFCONF)

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 05:40:52PM +0200, Aleksey Cheusov wrote:
>  >>  >>leafnode-1.11.3nb1
>  >>
>  >> > change it to use getifaddrs().
>  >>
>  >> That is SIOCGIFCONF ioctl (or something else) is broken in netbsd-5
>  >> and leafnode needs to be patched. Right?
>
> > Wrong.  The calling program (leafnode) is broken -- it uses the ioctl
> > wrong
>
> Ok, if you say this you probably see where the problem is and can fix
> it. Please describe what's the problem.

It's been described at least ten times on these mailing lists since the
interface ioctls were fixed what, two years ago?  I don't have time this
morning to type it out again, sorry.

> How about fixing a leafnode package?

If I had the time, sure.  But I don't, and I don't use leafnode, so I'm
afraid you're on your own on this one.

Thor