UTF-8 for non-US locales

Hi,
is there any reason why we don't build the UTF-8 LC_* files for non-US
locales ? I needed a fr_FR.UTF-8 LC_TIME locale on a netbsd-5 host
so I added fr_FR.UTF-8 to all appropriate Makefiles in share/locales/
and they did build fine (and AFAIK are working).
The only issue I can see is nls messages being in ISO-8859-1, but
that only an issue if you set LC_ALL (which I don't).