Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

On 10 Feb 2009, at 20:42, David Brownlee wrote:
        I'd like to propose we add a simple text editor to the base
        system.

I think that's a good idea. While I personally know how to use "vi"
I think it is very difficult to understand for new users because
it is very different from most other editors.

The obvious candidate is 'ee' from FreeBSD (who
have been including it since 1995).

Does it support emacs key bindings e.g. <CTRL> a to go to the
beginning of the line?

        Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                           http://zhadum.org.uk/