Re: Adding a simple editor to the base system

Matt Thomas <matt%3am-software.com@localhost> wrote:
> I believe the subject is faulty.  How about we make it:
>
> Adding a simple editor to the NetBSD distribution
>
> There's no reason why we can't have another set which contains
> things that might life easier for new users.
>
> That way I don't have to install that set.

Having a base-ext.tgz (think of "base extensions"), which may or may not be
installed, is a good idea. There could go bozohttpd, ee, I would also vote
for tcsh and screen, etc.

I would support this (if it would not contain hundred of megabytes). :)

--
Best regards,
Mindaugas