emacs using /usr/share/misc/NetBSD.el

Hi List!

With the recent editor discussions, I decided to give emacs a spin.
I'm a vim user and know very little about emacs configuration. But I did find
/usr/share/misc/NetBSD.el which looks very nice, but that leads to some
questions. If this isn't the correct list, then please point me to the right
one :)

1) What's the best way to actually use it?
Currently I have (load "/usr/share/misc/NetBSD.el") in ~/.emacs
Is there someway of autoloading it so I can do this instead
(setq c-default-style "netbsd-knf")
or similar?
Should emacs built from pkgsrc attempt to load it by default?

2) is (brace-list-entry . 8) correct as it formats
static const int foo[] = {
        ONE,
        TWO,
        THREE
};

as

static const int foo[] = {
        ONE,
                TWO,
                THREE
};

Or is there another way of assigning large arrays that fits style?

Thanks

Roy