Re: non-threaded programs with threaded dynamic objects

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 07:07:16PM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Should this be fixed?

The only way of fixing it for good is basically to make pthreads mandatory -
like integrate it into libc and always do full grown locking. This would need
lots of carefull benchmarks (even on a VAX), and I have a gut feeling to know
the results already.

> Is it fixed in netbsd-5?

No.

>  If not, should it be documented somehow?

Yes, and I thought it was - but can't find it right now.

Martin