Re: print encoded string on stdout

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Jarle Greipsland wrote:

> Iain Hibbert <plunky%rya-online.net@localhost> writes:
> > In essence that is what my initial hack does, though I filtered with
> > isprint():
> Have you looked at strvis(3) and friends?  Or piping to
>  'cat -vet'?

Ah, strvis(3) would be better than my hack certainly and I will use it for
strings that are not associated with a codeset - but somebody else just
pointed me to iconv(3) which is the function I'm looking for.

(I had heard of iconv in the past but alas it doesn't seem to be cross
referenced from anything 'apropos locale' returned, or anything
wide-character related that I looked at :)

iain