Re: Allow acpidump(8) to disassemble SSDT AML data

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:55:56AM +0200, Bernd Ernesti wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 09:05:51AM +0200, Nicolas Joly wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On my DELL Optiplex 740, the ACPI tables include a SSDT which contains
> > AML datas; but acpidump(8) does not support disassembling it, even if
> > it can be handled just like the common DSDT table.
> >
> > The attached patch, should fix it.
> >
> > Does it looks ok ?
>
> The version in basesrc is totally outdated and should either be updated
> or dropped (in favour of the one in pkgsrc).

pksrc sysutils/acpidump is even worse that our one ... it doesn't work
at all.

> Where I would like to see to keep it, but that depends on some additional
> acpica code which is not part of the source tree (the compiler part, but
> I don't remeber the details when i updated it in my tree over an year ago).

If you're talking about sysutils/acpica-utils, i don't think all this
stuff (compiler, ...) is needed in base. We only require a small tool
to dump/disassemble ACPI tables for debugging purposes. Most users
won't modify ACPI datas; otherwise, they will need more powerfull
tools, which can be installed from pkgsrc.

--
Nicolas Joly

Biological Software and Databanks.
Institut Pasteur, Paris.