Re: /usr/bin/c99

On Sep 3, 2008, at 6:07 AM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Denis Lagno <dlagno%rambler.ru@localhost> wrote:
gcc by default is started in non-c99 mode. The idea is to add c99
script to start gcc in c99 compatible mode.
maybe "cc" script should start gcc in c99 compatible mode? Just a
thought.
I meant to _make_ this script start gcc in c99 compatible mode.
I think the way to create c99 wrapper looks preferable.

Agreed. We have precedent with c89, and lots of people expect "cc" on BSDs to be a gnu89 / gnu99 compiler.

--
With Best Regards,
Andy Shevchenko

-- thorpej