Re: Would you accept a small patch to make window(1) work on non-BSD systems?

> I am willing to use autotools if people tell me it's a better idea.
> Is it a better idea?

Well, in general, I believe that autoconf and friends is a wrong
answer.  configure scripts guess wrong far too often in my experience,
and are hell to convince that you know better than them when they do
guess wrong.  And they are security disaster waiting to happen in at
least two respects.

I'm not entirely convinced that either of these is a reason for you to
avoid them in this case, though I would argue that there is a more
general reason, in that the more people use them, the more people will
see them as acceptable and use them more.

/~\ The ASCII                           der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign