Re: vi vs. nvi

Back when I was young, we used ed(1).  It and the things it needed from
libc (static of course) fit comfortably in 64K and it worked on ASR-33s.
I would think that's enough for fixing things on embedded systems - it's
how I fix hosed NetBSD systems even today.

> ls -l /bin/ed
-r-xr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  52271 May 12 13:56 /bin/ed

So it would be ok with me to add MKVI too :-)

We could try to cut down on vi/nvi size, too, if anyone is motivated.  I
suspect it's easier to learn ed.