Re: RFC: Going the LDAP/Kerberos way with NetBSD.

At 18:47 Uhr +0100 29.4.2008, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>> Note that {s}pwd.db has nothing to do with yp.
>
>I know. I just think that using files rather than any kind of
>directory server is something
>which should still be possible.

Seconded.

And let me add that buying into ldap & Kerberos as default authentication
system will leave a whole host of architectures (still) supported by NetBSD
out in the cold. m68k machines have problems with ssh, already. And what
are embedded systems supposed to do?

        hauke