Re: 64 bit time_t changes

> Second -- when did we last bump libc?

As others have pointed out, "a long time ago".

I vaguely seem to recall some comments made at the time that "we
should never, *ever* again bump the libc major".

If I've understood correctly, bumping the libc major will for a smooth
transition require us to bump the major version number of *all* other
shared libraries which use libc?  If so, that would mean "all third-
party libraries", including pkgsrc-provided stuff.  As such, it's not
a decision we should be making lightly.

Regards,

- Håvard