Unicode text, UTF-16, little-endian with less(1)

So I have a file from some Windows system of file type:

 Unicode text, UTF-16, little-endian

cat(1) displays it fine to my xterm, but way to long for me to scroll
back. And I don't want to manually chop up with head and tail to read :)

What needs to be done to get less or more be able to view it?

I see less has choices for character sets.

Any examples of getting less to view this?

Any way to get less to handle automatically?

  Jeremy C. Reed