Re: swap-on-raidframe vs raidctl -P

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008, der Mouse wrote:

[...]
The other would be to run raidframeparity earlier, before swap is
started.

It seems to me that each should actually be done, independent of the
other, but either one would be good enough for my purposes.  The former
would be more intrusive as far as raidframe is concerned; I'm not sure
the latter is possible, since I don't have my head around why it's run
where it is now (rather than as part of raidframe).

        The current logic is in place so fsck completes before any
        raid parity rebuild is started, otherwise the fsck runs
        just after any raid parity rebuild is started, which is going
        to slow it down by some significant multiple.