Subject: Re: Removing "net_open: " from various libsa output
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/17/2007 11:40:27
On Mon, Sep 17, 2007 at 10:03:58AM +0200, Martin Husemann wrote:
> I'd like to propose to remove a lot of "net_open: " strings from various
> src/sys/lib/libsa functions. They are always output, not only in debugging
> builds, and IMHO they are ugly and useless (net_open is not even the
> actual function name).

On second thought: it might be even better to (besides the original proposal)
to also make these printfs DEBUG only - the short summary is displayed (or
can optionally be displayed) by the callers - the sparc64 ofwboot
for example does this:

Trying BOOTP protocol...
{libsa messages in question here}
ip address: xxxxxxx, hostname: xxxxx, netmask: xxxxx, gateway: xxxxx

So, how about changing those printfs into DPRINTF?

Martin