Subject: Re: rc local [patches]
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg@britannica.bec.de>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/19/2007 18:11:13
On Mon, Mar 19, 2007 at 04:55:50PM +0000, Iain Hibbert wrote:
> the assumption is that the problem you are trying to get
> around is that /usr/pkg is not mounted - so it is useless to
> have scripts trying to start programs from /usr/pkg/bin
> anyway..

(a) The assumption that /usr/pkg is on a separate filesystem is not that
unlikely to be wrong. Therefore the system should not get in my way of I
decide to make it part of /
(b) There are two problems here which need to be distinguished. The
first is getting the order of scripts correct. This requires that the
scripts are readable early in the boot. A script from pkgsrc might not
need anything from /usr/pkg. It might not need a writeable / or
/usr/pkg.

Joerg