Subject: Re: /etc/rc.shutdown.local
To: None <tech-userlevel@NetBSD.org>
From: None <tlaronde@polynum.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 03/17/2007 18:17:20
On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 05:57:01PM +0100, Joerg Sonnenberger wrote:
> On Sat, Mar 17, 2007 at 05:44:02PM +0100, tlaronde@polynum.com wrote:
> > The /etc/defaults/rc.local.conf will list and document the services
> > variables, the defaults for the organization.
>
> In that case just include the default config from /etc/rc.conf first.

OK. Probably better since it makes clear that there are local additions
in the visible top of the iceberg.

> > If one wants to change the NetBSD system services scripts, the framework
> > gives the /etc/rc.conf.d/ facility to overwrite almost everything
> > without changine the /etc/rc.d/scripts themselves.
> >
> > I mean simply to mimick this for third parties services say.
>
> >From the configuration perspective, there's no difference between
> base rc scripts and pkgsrc rc scripts, e.g. the configuration is exactly
> the same. The earlier rc patch doesn't change that.

I have seen so. I wanted simply to orthogonalize things (local addition
services from system services).

Cheers,
--
Thierry Laronde (Alceste) <tlaronde +AT+ polynum +dot+ com>
                 http://www.kergis.com/