Subject: Re: security, daily, weekly, monthly man pages?
To: None <tech-userlevel@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 02/06/2007 13:57:19
On Tue, 6 Feb 2007, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> +MLINKS+=security.conf.5 security.8 weekly.conf.5 weekly.8

It was pointed out to me that we already have
src/share/man/man8/security.8. It says "NetBSD supports a variety of
security features.  Below is a brief description of them with some quick
usage examples that will help you get started."

Section 8 is normally for "system maintenance and operation commands", but
now I see our NetBSD intro(8) also mentions "system maintenance
procedures" -- I did not realize that. I was thinking it should be in
section 7.

(As examples: OpenBSD's security(8) covers their /etc/security script like
I previously wanted with my suggested MLINKS above; And FreeBSD's and
DragonFly's security(7) covers an "introduction to security".)

So I will not create the MLINKS for security.8.

But I will also update security.8 to at least mention the daily
/etc/security script and refer to security.conf.5 man page.

  Jeremy C. Reed