Subject: Re: ssp and gcc-4.1
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 11/07/2006 11:39:25
On Nov 7,  3:07pm, martin@duskware.de (Martin Husemann) wrote:

| On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 01:52:57PM +0000, Christos Zoulas wrote:
| > code with -Wno-stack-protector, and avoid the issue alltogether.
|
| Sorry to be dense today, but you did not (yet) explain "the issue", didn't you?

The issue is that compiling with -fstack-protector-all -Wstack-protector
causes a warning for functions that use variable sized arrays on
the stack or use alloca. Since we compile with -Werror, these
warnings are fatal. By compiling these source files with
-Wno-stack-protector, the warning goes away and those functions
are compiling with no stack protection.

christos