Subject: Re: test: ==: unexpected operator
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert@feyrer.de>
From: Quentin Garnier <cube@cubidou.net>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/22/2006 08:59:40
--3cI6DWK3Xt33P8nt

On Fri, Sep 22, 2006 at 02:06:08AM +0200, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
>=20
> bash/Linux allows "=3D=3D" as an alternative to "=3D" in their test(1) co=
mmand.
> I wonder if we want to save some trouble and just make our test(1)=20
> silently accept that too, instead of fixing all the broken scripts out=20
> there.
>=20
> It'd be an extension to POSIX, so I don't see much of a problem.
>=20
> Any thoughts?

I don't really see the point.  Scripts that do that in pkgsrc will have
to be fixed no matter what because there are platforms we cannot
bastardize the same way we can with NetBSD.  Changing this will just
make them harder to detect, because a lot of pkgsrc developers use
NetBSD to do pkgsrc work.

--=20
"You could have made it, spitting out benchmarks
Owe it to yourself not to fail"
Amplifico, Spitting Out Benchmarks, Hometakes Vol. 2, 2005.

--3cI6DWK3Xt33P8nt

--3cI6DWK3Xt33P8nt--