Subject: Re: pw_policy(3) override functionality
To: Elad Efrat <elad@NetBSD.org>
From: Thor Lancelot Simon <tls@rek.tjls.com>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 09/21/2006 09:50:13
On Thu, Sep 21, 2006 at 04:37:13PM +0200, Elad Efrat wrote:

> Questions are, does this sound okay, and should I be using proplib
> internally for that or whatever I want? using proplib means that libutil
> depends on it to build.

I am very concerned about a circular library dependency here.  How sure
can we be that we will never call any libutil function from proplib
itself?

My other concern would be that we need to keep the size of whatever is
pulled in from proplib when linking to libutil small, since libutil is
used in some things that should not be large.

--
  Thor Lancelot Simon	                                     tls@rek.tjls.com

  "We cannot usually in social life pursue a single value or a single moral
   aim, untroubled by the need to compromise with others."      - H.L.A. Hart