Subject: Re: pthread_attr_setstacksize
To: Matt Fleming <mattjfleming@googlemail.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>
List: tech-userlevel
Date: 07/08/2006 23:19:48
--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

On Wed, Jul 05, 2006 at 02:30:36PM +0000, Matt Fleming wrote:
> pthread.h contains a definition for the pthread_attr_setstacksize
> function but does not define,
>=20
> _POSIX_THREAD_ATTR_STACKSIZE
>=20
> which I was under the impression was required by the POSIX spec. Does
> NetBSD handle setting the stack size of a thread?

It's not supported, that's why the POSIX knob is off.

Unfortunately many programs use the function without checking
for _POSIX_THREAD_ATTR_STACKSIZE, that's why the dummy function
is there.

Jaromir
--=20
-=3D- We can walk our road together if our goals are all the same;     -=3D-
-=3D- We can run alone and free if we pursue a different aim.          -=3D-

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0

--6TrnltStXW4iwmi0--